Poission’s ratio from P- and S-wave traveltimes
Find Poisson’s ratio for the five events in Figure 13.7a.
Poisson’s ratio can be obtained from the ratio using equation (10.2) Table 2.2a. Since , , we can get from the traveltimes and then get using equation (10,2) (see Table 2.2a), that is,
Measurements and calculations are listed in Table 13.7a.
|Previous section||Next section|
|Mapping the vertical flank of a salt dome||Using refraction method to find depth to bedrock|
|Previous chapter||Next chapter|
|3D methods||Specialized applications|
Also in this chapter
- S-wave conversion in marine surveys
- Equally inclined orthogonal geophones
- Guided (channel) waves and normal-mode propagation
- Vertical seismic profiling
- Effect of velocity change on VSP traveltime
- Mapping the vertical flank of a salt dome
- Poission’s ratio from P- and S-wave traveltimes