Equally inclined orthogonal geophones
Determine the inclination angles for three orthogonal geophones that are equally inclined to the vertical.
The three orthogonal geophones define a rectangular coordinate system with the -, -, and -axes along the geophones axes. We take a straight line through the origin of this system such that it is equally inclined to each axis, and rotate the coordinate system so that the straight line is vertical. The direction cosines of the vertical line are and . Because [Sheriff and Geldart, problem (15.9a)],
Thus the geophones must be inclined to the vertical.
|S-wave conversion in marine surveys
|Guided (channel) waves and normal-mode propagation
Also in this chapter
- S-wave conversion in marine surveys
- Equally inclined orthogonal geophones
- Guided (channel) waves and normal-mode propagation
- Vertical seismic profiling
- Effect of velocity change on VSP traveltime
- Mapping the vertical flank of a salt dome
- Poission’s ratio from P- and S-wave traveltimes