The SEG Wiki
The SEG Wiki's main mission is to supply scientific materials to the geoscience community and the public through online books, geophysical tutorials, geoscience articles, and biographies of key geoscientists.
- SEG's two best-selling books are provided open and free of charge on the SEG Wiki: Encyclopedic Dictionary of Applied Geophysics and Seismic Data Analysis.
- Another popular SEG book is now available open and free of charge: Problems in Exploration Seismology and their Solutions by Lloyd P. Geldart and Robert E. Sheriff
- The Knowledge tree is the gateway to a collection of scientific, mathematic, geophysical, and geological information for the student and professional. In addition, bi-monthly geophysical tutorials published in The Leading Edge are made available on the wiki.
- The wiki captures the history of the exploration geophysics discipline through hundreds of biographies that also highlights important contributions from the founding members of SEG and women in geoscience. The wiki also catalogs SEG award winners.
The Society of Exploration Geophysicists
Embracing a mission of connecting the world of applied geophysics, the Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG) is a not-for-profit organization supporting more than 20,000 members from 128 countries.
Founded in 1930, SEG provides information, tools, and resources vital to:
- Advancing the science of exploration geophysics
- Fostering common scientific interests
- Supporting humanitarian efforts
- Accelerating geophysical innovation
Contribute to the SEG Wiki today
- Email the SEG Wiki team at
wikiseg.orgwith your questions and comments.