Outstanding Educator Award
The Outstanding Educator Award honors individuals for excellence in geophysics education and is awarded by SEG to a person who merits such recognition, based on their educational qualities and contributions that may include:
- Outstanding contributions in teaching of geophysics classes at any educational level;
- Impact on education programs by commitment to excellence in geophysics education;
- Special dedication to advising, supervising, and mentoring students;
- Providing extraordinary inspiration to the next generation of geophysics professionals.
A maximum of two awards can be given each year.
Return to SEG Honors and Awards.
Recipients of the Outstanding Educator Award
- 2022 Dario Grana
- 2021 Deyan Draganov
- 2021 Kelly Hong Liu
- 2020 Ilya Tsvankin
- 2019 Laura Valentina Socco
- 2018 Hendratta Ntalla Ali
- 2018 Kristina Keating
- 2017 Rosemary Knight
- 2017 Scott Smithson
- 2016 Estella A. Atekwana
- 2016 Roel Snieder
- 2015 Manika Prasad
- 2015 Jie Zhang
- 2014 Susan Jane Webb