Appendix H: Exercises
The breaking waves dashed high On a stern and rock-bound coast. —Felicia Dorothea Hemans (1793-1835)
1. Identify the multiples beyond time 9 that are shown in Figure 11b.
2. Figure H-1 shows a zero-phase wavelet with its amplitude spectrum and a minimum-delay wavelet with its amplitude spectrum. The two amplitude spectra are almost the same. Which wavelet is better for processing and which for interpretation?
|Previous section||Next section|
|Small and white reflection coefficients||none|
|Previous chapter||Next chapter|
Also in this chapter
- Reflection coefficients and transmission coefficients
- Ghost reflection
- Layer-cake model
- Synthetic seismogram without multiples
- Water reverberations
- Synthetic seismogram with multiples
- Small and white reflection coefficients