SEG Student Chapter in NTNU, Trondheim
The SEG Student Chapter at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology currently consists of 6 active members, most of them PhD Candidates of the Department of Geoscience and Petroleum.
- Faculty Advisor: Prof. Alexey Stovas (
- President: Marcin Duda (PhD Candidate,
- Vice-President: Yuriy Ivanov (PhD Candidate,
- Secretary: Anna Lim (PhD Candidate,
- Treasurer: Daniel Wehner (PhD Candidate,
- Mr. Ivan Karpov (PhD Candidate)
- Ms. Marie-Andree Dumais (PhD Candidate)
- Mr. Dicky Harishidayat (PhD Candidate)
An SEG Chapter booth is presented twice a year at the PhD Seminars of the Department of Petroleum Engineering and Applied Geophysics to engage more students.
A field visit was organized to Statoil R&D center in Rotvol, Trondheim. Visit included two presentations about present activity in the center and a demonstration of Drilling simulator. Thanks Ketil Hokstad for help in organizing the event.
Evgeny Landa came to Trondheim 5th of February 2015 to give his lecture: "Pitfalls and challenges of seismic imaging".