New angles on azimuth
This forum gathered experts to discuss the state of the art of as it relates to innovative approaches to multiazimuth seismic surveys in an open and relaxed atmosphere.
Various techniques have been used in recent years for acquiring marine seismic data that introduce significant azimuth variations to improve imaging and interpretation in complex geologic environments. Similarly, on land, innovations have occurred that are changing the face of land seismic surveys. This has resulted in a rethinking of the entire seismic value chain: survey design, acquisition, processing, interpretation, and economic evaluation have all undergone significant and rapid changes.
- Innovations in acquisition and processing of multiazimuth data
- Lessons learned in the value of azimuth in seismic surveys
- Simultaneous sources
- Stepping outside the Gulf of Mexico with wide azimuth surveys
- Use of multiazimuth data in interpretation and determination of reservoir properties
- The way forward in multiazimuth seismic surveys
- Official Program: File:SEG 2009 Azimuth Forum Program.pdf