Maria Zuber is a professor of Geophysics and Planetary Science at MIT. She specializes in laser ranging, gravity measurements, and data from spacecraft. Zuber maps surface features and probes the interior of Mars, Venus, Jupiter's moons, and our own moon. Her goal is to "figure out the processes that acted on a particular body in the past in order to make its surface the way it is now."
- American Geophysical Union
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- American Astronomical Society, Division for Planetary Sciences
- American Astronautical Society
- Geological Society of America