Gubkin University SEG Student Chapter
Gubkin University SEG Student Chapter was founded in 2006.
Today the chapter counts about 40 members - BSc, MSc and PhD students of Gubkin Russian State University of Oil and Gas.
Our work is mostly concentrated on encouraging students to develop their both professional and personal qualities participating in different industrial, scientific and social events. We give them a platform for networking and realizing ideas and ambitions.
Student Chapter Officers
|Faculty Advisor||Alexander Belousov|
We are open to new collaborations! Feel free to contact us by [email protected]
Carried out Projects & Events
- 2014 year
- Honorary Lecturer - Laurent Sirgue, Total, Pau, France
- "Full waveform inversion of seismic data: Investigating the Earth for high-resolution velocities and more…"
- Distinguished Lecturer - Peter Pecholcs, CGG, Massy, France
- "A journey through time in search of Arabian giants – Oil/gas fields, recording channels, and petabytes".
- 2015 year
- Honorary Lecturer - Evgeny Landa, University of Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel
- "Pitfalls and challenges of seismic imaging".
5th International Geosciences Student Conference - 28 July - 1 August 2014, Nizhny Novgorod, Russia.
Organized in collaboration with Perm State University Student Chapter and the Institute of Applied Physics Geophysical Society this conference became a turning point in a chapter's activity. IGSC5 let more than 100 young specialists and excited students meet together and share their knowledge and ideas. Participants from 30 cities around the world attended 4 educational lectures, 26 oral and 36 poster presentations; European finals of the Challenge Bowl, Field Trip and diverse social events. The conference was complemented by an exhibition and Student Education Program sponsored by ExxonMobil.
To be announced soon