Depth Model Building: Full-Waveform Inversion
This workshop discussed the development of full waveform inversion (FWI) methods and their applications in land and marine environments for near-surface and subsurface model building.
FWI is an emerging technology for depth model building. It is beginning to be applied in production data processing, yet there are still many challenges and unsolved issues.
This workshop invited contributions addressing the challenges, difficulties, and solutions in FWI methodology and applications in the following topics:
- Land and marine FWI case studies
- Innovative methods for full waveform inversions
- Near-surface early arrival waveform inversions
- Subsurface reflection waveform inversions
- Acoustic, elastic, attenuation, anisotropic, and density effects
- Constrained or joint FWI with other geophysical inversions
- Seismic data acquisition and processing associated with FWI
- Other promising depth model building technologies
- Official Program: File:2015 SEG Beijing Official Program.pdf