Theory of seismic waves
This category consists of Chapter 2: Theory of seismic waves from Problems in Exploration Seismology and their Solutions by Lloyd P. Geldart and Robert E. Sheriff, published in 2004.
Table of contents
- The basic elastic constants
- Interrelationships among elastic constants
- Magnitude of disturbance from a seismic source
- Magnitudes of elastic constants
- General solutions of the wave equation
- Wave equation in cylindrical and spherical coordinates
- Sum of waves of different frequencies and group velocity
- Magnitudes of seismic wave parameters
- Potential functions used to solve wave equations
- Boundary conditions at different types of interfaces
- Boundary conditions in terms of potential functions
- Disturbance produced by a point source
- Far- and near-field effects for a point source
- Rayleigh-wave relationships
- Directional geophone responses to different waves
- Tube-wave relationships
- Relation between nepers and decibels
- Attenuation calculations
- Diffraction from a half-plane
Pages in category "Theory of seismic waves"
The following 18 pages are in this category, out of 18 total.