Hello SEG readers!
My name is Paloma Villa, I am a first year student of the Joint Master's in Applied Geophysics (IDEA League), who is eager to learn and enjoy every aspect of her university life as much as possible, because I know later life will get much harder. If you have any question, comments or have the feeling that somehow I can help you, you can reach me by e-mail at [email protected]
Hopefully I will be here for a long while contributing to enrich our SEGWiki content!
- Matlab and Java programming.
- Signal and Image processing.
- Computer science applied to geophysics.
- Keen on learning a lot about Geology.
- Special interest for pattern recognition (and statistic related) techniques for seismic data processing.
Aspirations and goals
- Looking forward to master in Geological Interpretation of seismic data.
- I expect to become a polyglot before age 30.
- I have always admired those professionals dedicated to contribute to the advancement of society by focusing their research on solving real world problems for industry, which is exactly the position I hope to be one day in.
One question for the SEG Wiki
- Is it possible to reference sources different from SEG's journals/information?
- Is it possible to connect the content with Google Maps? I mean, if I am writing something about meandring rivers it would be nice to create an adjacent box showing the location of the most outstanding rivers, e.g. Nile river, so that people can visualize real images and easily memorize its main characteristics by association with the Nile's shape. Besides, i think it would also be a cultural added-value to the WikiSEG content.