- 1 Overview
- 1.1 ================================================================================================================================================
- 1.2 ================================================================================================================================================
- 1.3 ================================================================================================================================================
- 2 How to obtain a copy of the data
- 4 Madagascar processing scripts
- 5 Download data clicking links or command line wget
- 6 New Zealand Government web sites
- 7 External links
Data provided by the New Zealand Crown Minerals is a prestack migrated final volume. The volume is 10 GBytes. All data are prestack, time migrated.
Faults predicted using Neural net by Antoine Guitton,DownUnder GeoSolutions (DUG):
Example inline, line, and time slice:
3D fault segmentation using convolutional neural network by Xinming Wu at BEG, UT Austin
How to obtain a copy of the data
The easiest way to obtain a copy of the 3-D volumes is to use the Madagascar processing scripts below or the links below.
You can also request a copy directly from the New Zealand Government web sites.
The New Zealand government collects seismic and well data and releases it to the public after a data confidentiality period of a few years. The purpose of releasing these data to the public is to promote development of New Zealand’s petroleum and mineral resources. These data can be used by students, academics, and industry provided publications and presentations acknowledge New Zealand Petroleum and Minerals (NZPM) for providing data.
Madagascar processing scripts
If you have installed the Madagascar development release, you have scripts to download and display the data. You may need to update your copy of the Madagascar installation to ensure you have contents added after November 2014. To update your copy of Madagascar enter this dialog into a terminal window:
cd $RSFSRC/book/data/new-zealand svn update
To run the processing scripts enter this dialog into a terminal window:
cd $RSFSRC/book/data/new-zealand/opunaka-3d/fetch scons view
Either click on the hypertext links, or paste the wget commands into a unix terminal window:
New Zealand Government web sites
New Zealand GNS web site, http://www.gns.cri.nz/, provides excellent regional geologic studies and maps. Seismic and well data acquired by petroleum explorers and producers is released to the public at: http://data.nzpam.govt.nz/GOLD/system/mainframe.asp.
Both web sites require that users create a log-on id. One can download reports and well data directly from these sites, however there is a cost associated with obtaining large 3D seismic volumes – which are shipped by post.