Les Hatton is a mathematician noted for his work in algorithms and geophysical software engineering. Dr. Hatton holds a part-time Chair in Forensic Software Engineering at Kingston University, UK and works at Oakwood Computing Associates Ltd.
Biography 2015 
Leslie Hatton's undergraduate career was at Cambridge University from 1967-1970, where he obtained a B.A. in mathematics. His M.Sci. degree was from the University of Manchester in the field of astrophysics in 1971, and his Ph.D. was in mathematics (thesis topic in computational fluid dynamics) at the University of Manchester.
Honors and Awards
- 2001: "Leading Scholars of Systems and Software Engineering (1997-2001)", Journal of Systems and Software, 64(1), 79-86 (2001)
- 1987: Conrad Schlumberger Award "for pioneering work on seismic wave propagation in the earth and applications of computer technology". 
- 1978: American Offshore Technology Conference Best Geophysical Paper Award.
- 1978: American Society of Exploration Geophysicists Best Presentation Award.
- 1976: Canadian Society of Exploration Geophysicists Best Paper Award.
SEG Best Paper Presented at the Annual Meeting Award 1978