Hydrocarbon Reservoir Imaging and Characterization: Issues and Challenges in Southeast Asia (Focusing on Solutions)
This workshop discussed advances in geophysical technologies, including new acquisition and processing technologies over the last 5 years to solve hydrocarbon-reservoir related imaging and characterization issues in the Southeast Asia.
- Imaging and characterization of deep offshore clastic HC-reservoirs in high temperature & pressure environments.
- Imaging and characterization of offshore clastic HC-reservoirs under Carbonate or Coal masking.
- Offshore basement-fracture reservoir imaging and characterization.
- Imaging and characterization of offshore HC-reservoirs in the presences of deep-water gas-hydrates and/or complex structural settings.
- Imaging and characterization of offshore clastic HC-reservoirs under shallow gas clouds.
- Thin-layer offshore clastic HC-reservoir imaging and characterization in the frequent presence of thin coal beds
- Imaging and characterization of offshore carbonate reservoirs in the presence of strong diagenetic effect.
Workshop Editor Yang Fairuz, Schlumberger
Yamin Ali, PRSB
Shaidin Arshad, PRSB
Wan Ismail, UTP
Che Shaari, PMU
Low Cheng Foo, XD/PCSB
Russikin B. Ismail, XD/PCSB
Rizal Bakar, PE/PCSB
Awalludin B. Harun, MD/PCSB
Faizal Rahim, PRSB
Salbiah Sahad, PRSB
PSC Oil Companies @ K-L
Fariz Fahmi, ExxonMobil
Anwar Khan, Talisman
Soo Khok Ping, CGGVeritas
Jesmee Zainal Rashid, PGS
Mark Sams, Fugro-Jason
Amri Amdan, Fugro-Jason
James Tomlinson, Ohm-RSI
Aleeya Brookes, Ikon Science
Leong Siew Fong, EMGS
Hakon T. Pedersen, EMGS
Mike Adams, Landmark, Halliburton
- Official Program: File:SEG Workshop Kuala Lumpur 2010 Program.pdf