Earth modeling in depth exercises
Exercise 9-1. Consider the hypothetical case of a pure strike-slip fault with the same horizontally situated formation on both sides. Can such an earth model be identified by seismic imaging?
Exercise 9-2. There can be a multiple number of velocity-depth models such as shown in Figure 9.0-1 consistent with a single zero-offset traveltime section (Figure 9.0-2). Can these velocity-depth models also be consistent with a single nonzero-offset traveltime section?
- Introduction to earth modeling in depth
- Models with horizontal layers
- Model with low-relief structure
- Model with complex overburden structure
- Model building
- Model updating
- Data modeling by inversion