Earth imaging in depth exercises
Exercise 8-1. Consider the zero-offset x − t section depicted in Figure 8.E-1. Using the velocity-depth model in the same figure, sketch the depth-migrated x − z section.
Exercise 8-2. Identify the prominent sideswipe energy on Lines I-181 and I-151 in Figure 8.4-2 (right column).
Exercise 8-4. How would the geometry of the subsalt target reflectors labeled in yellow in Figure 8.E-2 behave on a section from an image volume created by 3-D poststack depth migration?
Figure 8.E-1 (a) A zero-offset section containing all-zero traces except the one shown, which has a single isolated wavelet; (b) the velocity-depth model for depth migration; (c) the x − z plane associated with the depth-migrated section. See Exercise 8-1.
- Introduction to earth imaging in depth
- Layer replacement
- 2-D poststack depth migration
- 2-D prestack depth migration
- 3-D poststack depth migration
- 3-D prestack depth migration
- Diffraction and ray theory for wave propagation