Dictionary:Surface wave

From SEG Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

{{#category_index:S|surface wave}} Energy which travels along (or near to) the surface. Motion involved with the wave falls off rapidly with distance from the surface. In seismic exploration usually refers to ground roll, but also includes Rayleigh, Love, hydrodynamic waves, etc. Also called an interface wave and long wave.