Dictionary:Surface wave

From SEG Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
This page contains changes which are not marked for translation.

Other languages:
English • ‎español

Energy which travels along (or near to) the surface. Motion involved with the wave falls off rapidly with distance from the surface. In seismic exploration usually refers to ground roll, but also includes Rayleigh, Love, hydrodynamic waves, etc. Also called an interface wave and long wave.