A. L. Ingalls studied electrical engineering at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute from 1929 to 1930. He then transferred to the University of Rochester where he majored in Optics obtaining his B.S. degree in 1932.
Since that time he has worked with Corning Glass Works, Ansco Corporation, Bausch and Lomb Optical Company, and Poland Industries, Inc., where he was Vice-President of Engineering and Development. In 1956, he was employed at the University of Michigan Institute of Science and Technology as a Research Engineer. In 1961, Mr. Ingalls joined Conductron Corporation, where is now head of the Optical Research and Engineering Department.
Ingalls is a member of the American Institute of Physics, Optical Society of America, Photographic Society of America, Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers, Society of Photographic Scientists and Engineers, and Photogrammetric Society of America.
- Contributors, Geophysics 30(6):1217.
- Dobrin, M. B., A. L. Ingalls, and J. A. Long (1965), Velocity and frequency filtering of seismic data using laser light, Geophysics 30(6):1144.