Difference between revisions of "Wikithon 2014"
(add links, categories)
|Line 47:||Line 47:|
== Registration ==
== Registration ==
Annual Meeting registration
Annual Meeting registration July 8, 2014. Annual Meeting attendees are welcome to participate in the Wikithon. There is no registration process for the Wikithon itself. Please learn more about Annual Meeting registration at the [http://www.seg.org/web/annual-meeting-2014/registration Annual Meeting homepage].
Revision as of 10:25, 16 July 2014
The 2nd Annual SEG Wikithon will be held October 26-29 in Denver, CO during the SEG International Exposition and 84th Annual Meeting. This wiki page will contain the latest information about the event.
The SEG Wikithon is an open-house event during which SEG members and staff will connect to refine and launch content around a focused geophysics-related theme(s). That theme(s) will be determined by the SEG Online Technical Content Board and you, using this page. Propose tutorials you would like to see covered during the event to the schedule below. See you in Denver!
The schedule for the 2014 Wikithon is intentionally flexible. The SEG Online Technical Content Board and staff encourage you to make suggestions and use the discussion tab within this page to define what YOU would like to learn during the 2014 Wikithon. Please add tutorials you are interested in below:
- What's a wiki? Why do we care?
- What's the purpose of the SEG Wiki?
- Open data - how do I access and use it in the wiki?
- Creating a user account and your user page
- How do you edit wikis? A 15-minute tutorial
- A bit about copyright and licensing
- Finding things to do in the Wiki and actually doing it!
- Defining annual wiki themes for SEG
- How to improve geoscience articles related to exploration geophysics and link to other geoscience wikis (AAPG, SPE, etc.)
Common editing tasks
- Typos, grammar, adding links, adding categories, adding relevant external links, etc.
- Refining or adding references to increase credibility
- Adding photographs, which requires them to be openly licensed or public domain
- Improve figures and diagrams
- Improving stubs
- Substantial editing, or adding substantial new material
- Adding new articles
- Merging or splitting articles is hard work
- Creating and using templates
Informal attendee list
This is a preliminary list. If you are planning to attend, please add your name below.
Annual Meeting registration opened July 8, 2014. Annual Meeting attendees are welcome to participate in the Wikithon. There is no registration process for the Wikithon itself. Please learn more about Annual Meeting registration at the Annual Meeting homepage.