Welcome to the SEG Wiki
The SEG Wiki is a resource provided by SEG members and the geoscience community to inform the public on exploration geoscience. The SEG Wiki also fills a role Wikipedia cannot - to provide information expressly for the exploration geoscience student and professional. The SEG Wiki is a place were you may share your knowledge related to geophysics and geoscience, in general. The SEG Wiki also serves as an archive for historical information related to the field.
The SEG Wiki's main mission is to supply scientific materials to the geoscience community and the public through online books, tutorials, geoscience articles, and biographies on key geoscientists.
The Knowledge tree is the gateway to a collection of scientific, mathematic, geophysical, and geological information for the student and for the professional. In addition, bi-monthly geophysical tutorials published in The Leading Edge are made available on the wiki.
Part of the mission of the SEG is to capture the history of the discipline of exploration geophysics. The wiki has hundreds of biographies on past and current pioneers in the field. The wiki also catalogs SEG award winners.
Make your mark, learn to edit and expand the SEG Wiki today!
- Volunteer - explore current volunteer opportunities with the SEG Wiki and join a growing community spreading knowledge to the world.
- Ten things you can do to get started
- Wiki video help series - launch your user page, improve biographies, and add figures and references to Sheriff's Dictionary.
- Publish your own user profile page
- Check out current wiki editors!
- View all the help articles
Just the FAQs
- Email the SEG Wiki team at
wikiseg.orgwith your questions and comments. Connect with us on Twitter @SEGWiki and Facebook.