University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore SEG student chapter
Society of Geoscientists and Engineers (SGE) at University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore was established in October 2012. The main purpose of this society is to provide the students an opportunity to develop and improve management skills. Our society conducts educational activities every year to increase the geophysical skills of the students. The objective of SGE is to promote interest in, and knowledge of, the sciences of geophysics and allied sciences. The Student Chapter has been set up by the Department of Geological Engineering, UET Lahore.In 2014, SGE UET got the first opportunity to be on an international platform and to interact with other Student Chapters internationally by participating in Student Leadership Program (SLS) 2014. The first student delegate was Palvesha Gohar from Geological Engineering, batch of 2012.
Student chapter mailing address
- President: Mohsin Sajjad
- Vice President: Kamran Shaukat
- Secretary: Palvesha Gohar
- Treasurer: Umar Azam
- Public Relations Officer: Iqra Hassan
- Public Relations Executive: Furqan Haider
- Public Relations Assistant Executive: Abdullah Saqib
- Public Relations Assistant Executive: Basit Ali
- IT Head: Faran Khalid
- IT Executive: Ribqa Imran
- Events Management Head: Iqra Asif
- Events Executive: Awais Khan Niazi
- Events Executive: Aqeela Wahid
- Events Assistant Executive: Saif-ur-Rehman
- Events Assistant Executive: Sarah Mujahid
- Finance Assistant Executive: Hamza Farooq
- Finance Assistant Executive: Farrukh Fida
- Finance Assistant Executive: Yahya Khan
Dr. Muhammad Zubair Abu Bakar.
Faculty Advisor Email Address
Annual Sports Fiesta
We organize this event for the students of Geological Engineering. We include different indoor and outdoor games for both boys and girls. There is always a superlative participation from the students' side. The main goal of this event is to create coordination and a friendly environment among the freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors of the department.
Every year, sophomores are taken to a tour of the Khewra Salt Mine, the world's 2nd largest salt mine and the Khewra Gorge. The juniors visit the Irrigation Research Institute in Nandipur, Punjab, Pakistan
Students are invited to join SEG as a SGE Officer. They are shown presentations with details of the events and activities which are conducted by us in the department.
All the willing students, from the freshman batch, are interviewed by the Senior Officers for the posts of SGE Officers.
We currently hold a 'Ridge' level ranking, which is the second highest ranking given to a Student Chapter. Palvesha Gohar represented us at the 2014 Student Leadership Symposium (SLS) in Denver, CO.
We are on linkedin as well as on Facebook. The links are given below