Texas A&M Geophysical Society
The objective of this organization shall be to promote interest in, and knowledge of, the sciences of geophysics and allied sciences, and to promote friendship and cooperation among those interested in the geophysical sciences. The group was founded in 2013. The group accepts undergraduate students, graduate students, and faculty/staff as members.
The Texas A&M Geophysical Society provides access to seminars including SEG distinguished and honorary speakers (when available) as well as other distinguished speakers from various sectors of the oil and gas industry. Furthermore the chapter strives to offer compelling workshops, panels, field trips whilst also providing outreach when possible.
- Meeting location: Halbouty Geosciences Building, College Station, Texas
- President - Dawid Szafranski
- Vice-President - Abhishek Prakash
- Treasurer (Chief Financial Officer) - Rachel Hoar
- Secretary - Eric Peavey
- Program Chair - Juliet Charbonneau
- Marketing Chair - Anthony McIntyre
- Outreach Chair - Jonathan Foster
- Texas A&M Geophysical Society Website (https://www.segtamu.com/)
- Email: [email protected]
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/segtamu/
- Facebook fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/Texas-AM-Geophysical-Society-SEG-Student-Chapter-108526820550023/