Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University Student Chapter
Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University Student Chapter, Society of Exploration Geophysicists was established in 25 August, 2009 and incorporated with the student chapters of European Association of Geoscientists and Engineers (EAGE) and Society of Petroleum Geophysicists (SPG India) to become one solid student chapter of Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University (PDPU). SEG, SPG and EAGE Student chapters of PDPU works in collaboration to promote the exchange of technical ideas, knowledge and practical experiences about geosciences, geophysics and the field of Petroleum Technology.
Student Chapter Officers
Academic 2016 - 2017 (Present), under a Faculty Advisor - Dr. Uttam Kumar Bhui
President - Mr. Bipin Gangani
Vice-president - Mr. Dixeet Ghori
Secretary - Mr. Yash Ranch
Academic 2015 - 2016
President - Mr. Sudarsan Sai Gogineni
Vice-president - Mr. Satvik Shah
Secretary - Mr. Dixeet Ghori
2016 SEG Best Student Chapter Award
In 2016, SEG Student Chapter, Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University was awarded SEG Best Student Chapter Award for SEG Student Chapter Excellence Program 2016 under the guidance of Mr. Sudarsan Sai Gogineni, Chapter President (2015-2016) and Faculty Advisor, Dr. Uttam Kumar Bhui.
2015 SEG Summit Student Chapter Award
In 2015, SEG Student Chapter, PDPU received Summit Student Chapter Award.
SLS-SEG/Chevron Student Leadership Symposium
Since 2015, SEG Student Chapter, PDPU sent one participant to SEG Student Leadership Symposium (SLS).
Field Trip & Field Work
- GEOWALK - Geowalk, One day geological trip to Pavagadh. The objective of the trip was to provide an opportunity to the students of Second and Third year pursuing their Bachelor and Master degree in Petroleum Engineering and Geosciences to come together and understand natural sciences involving Supracrustal and Basement Rocks.Total 113 students were participate in this trip. The main areas that were visited includes Rajendranagar, Bada Taalab and Balasinor. During the trip, students were accompanied by Dr. Uttam Kumar Bhui, Dr. Madhavan Natarajan and Dr. Ashish Sarkar.
- 'Passive Seismic Tomography, QC and Application of PST-Derived Velocity for Seismic Imaging' by SEG Honorary Lecturer, Dr. J.V.S.S Narayana Murty, 2017.
- CAT vs GRE - An Engineer's Dilemma: A career counseling session in association with 'Endeavors Careers' by Mr. Sazeal Shah, 2016.
- Science and Beyond: A public lecture series by British Scientists and Science Communicators on 'Wonders of Geo-science and Brilliant Opportunities' for Career by Professor Iain Stewart from University of Plymouth, 2016.
- 'Life on Drilling Rig and Drilling Fluids Industry' by Mr. Sultan Allimuddin from M-I Swaco, 2016.