National Observatory Greenstone Belt Geophysical Society
The National Observatory Greenstone Belt Geophysical Society Student Chapter was founded in 2015, became official in 2016 and since then has been actively participating with the collaboration of SEG and EAGE, which open doors for students to participate actively involved in projects and initiatives that promote geoscience, especially Geophysics.
Student Chapter Goals
The current 2020 management has the mission of providing high-level lectures, theoretical and practical professional training courses using geoscientific software - open to all. In addition to opportunities for members of the chapter such as the possibility of publications, funds for congresses and fieldwork, as well as leadership programs for preparing for the job market and networking with professionals and students.
- LAC - SEG/Lucien LaCoste Scholarship
- SEG International Exposition and 89th Annual Meeting
- Ridge-level in 2020
- President: Isabela Albuquerque (Master Student in Petrophysics), Contact: [email protected]
- Vice-President: Bruno Fonseca Passos (Master Student in Applied Geophysics), Contact: [email protected]
- Treasurer: Larissa Piauilino (PhD Student at Potentials Methods), Contact: [email protected]
- Secretary: Patricia Descovi (PhD Student at Reservoir Characterization), Contact: [email protected]
- 2016 - President: Sara Sayyadi; Vice-President: Marlon Gato; Secretary: Clarisse Fernandes; Treasurer: Diego Takahashi;
- 2017 - President: Felipe Melo; Vice-President: Paula Ribeiro; Secretary: Amanda Porto; Treasurer: Leonardo Vital;
- 2018 - President: Larissa Piauilino; Vice-President: André Reis; Secretary: Tainã Oliveira; Treasurer: Felipe Melo;
- 2019 - President: Larissa Piauilino; Vice-President: André Reis; Secretary: Tainã Oliveira; Treasurer: Felipe Melo;
- 2020 - President: Shayane Gonzalez; Vice-President: Artur Benevides; Treasurer: Larissa Piauilino; Secretary: Patricia Descovi; Social Media: Isabela Albuquerque.
- Website: sc2020.netlify.com
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/oncapituloestudantil/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ONcapituloestudantil/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/oncapituloestudantil/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ONCap%C3%ADtuloEstudantil
In 2020, the chapter organized:
- the Women in Geophysics week, which brought together 8 lectures and 2 round tables with women working with geophysics in academia and industry;
- the GeoWebinar, a series of weekly lectures on geophysics, which so far has had 8 lectures and
- two introductory short courses to the Python language:
and participated at
- the organization of the 1st Latin American cycle of conferences on geosciences, in which SEG student chapters in Latin America organize weekly lectures on various topics related to geophysics;
- disclosure of 1st International Virtual Congress of Geology and Geophysics - CIVGEO 2020 and
- dissemination of the Cais Mentoria project, which provides free mentoring to young university students in peripheral regions of the country, connecting them to professionals in large centers.