The SEG Wiki
The SEG Wiki's main mission is to supply scientific materials to the geoscience community and the public through online books, geophysical tutorials, geoscience articles, and biographies of key geoscientists.
- SEG's two best-selling books are provided open and free of charge on the SEG Wiki: Encyclopedic Dictionary of Applied Geophysics and Seismic Data Analysis.
- The Knowledge tree is the gateway to a collection of scientific, mathematic, geophysical, and geological information for the student and professional. In addition, bi-monthly geophysical tutorials published in The Leading Edge are made available on the wiki.
- The wiki captures the history of the exploration geophysics discipline through hundreds of biographies that also highlights important contributions from the founding members of SEG and women in geoscience. The wiki also catalogs SEG award winners.
The Society of Exploration Geophysicists
Embracing a mission of connecting the world of applied geophysics, the Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG) is a not-for-profit organization supporting more than 20,000 members from 128 countries.
Founded in 1930, SEG provides information, tools, and resources vital to:
- Advancing the science of exploration geophysics
- Fostering common scientific interests
- Supporting humanitarian efforts
- Accelerating geophysical innovation
Volunteer and contribute to the SEG today
- Volunteer - explore current volunteer opportunities with the SEG Wiki and join a growing community spreading knowledge to the world.
- Ten things you can do to get started
- Publish your own user profile page
- View all the help articles
- Email the SEG Wiki team at
wikiseg.orgwith your questions and comments. Connect with us on Twitter @SEGWiki and Facebook.