Honors and awards
One of SEG's great traditions is the special recognition of individuals and organizations for their contributions to geophysics and to the Society. The 2013-2014 Honors and Awards Committee would like to solicit your nominations for deserving recipients to be honored at the 2014 Annual Meeting.
The SEG International Exhibition and 84th Annual Meeting will be held 26-31 October 2014. In order to guarantee that all deserving individuals and organizations receive consideration for appropriate recognition, please submit all nominations by 1 January 2014 to allow the Honors and Awards Committee enough time for appropriate investigation, deliberation, and recommendations to the SEG Board of Directors.
Nominations should be sent to:
SEG Honors and Awards Committee c/o SEG Business Office/Cindy Blackshear P. O. Box 702740 Tulsa, OK 74170-2740, USA
Nominations may also be sent by fax +1.918.497.5560 or by email.
Please include a brief summary describing the specific achievement or contribution that you think merits formal recognition by SEG. Supporting information and letters of recommendation are very useful to the committee.
Your timely input is vital to this important function of the SEG. If you have any questions, please send them via email. Thank you very much for your assistance in making SEG's Honors and Awards Program a meaningful and representative activity of the Society.
SEG Honors and Awards
- Outstanding Educator Award (New award approved 15 May 2013)
- The Maurice Ewing Gold Medal
- Honorary Membership
- Virgil Kauffman Gold Medal Award
- Cecil Green Enterprise Award
- Reginald Fessenden Award (formerly Medal Award)
- J. Clarence Karcher Award
- Distinguished Achievement Award
- Life Membership Award
- Special Commendation
- Best Paper in ''Geophysics'' Award
- Honorable Mentions (Geophysics)
- Best Papers in ''The Leading Edge'' Award
- Honorable Mentions (''The Leading Edge'')
- Best Paper Presented at the Annual Meeting
- Honorable Mentions (Best Paper, Annual Meeting)
- Best Poster Paper Presented at the Annual Meeting
- Honorable Mentions (Best Poster Paper, Annual Meeting)
- Best Paper Presented by a Student at the Annual Meeting
- Awards of Merit (Best Student Paper, Annual Meeting)
- Best Poster Paper Presented by a Student at the Annual Meeting
- Awards of Merit (Best Student Poster Paper, Annual Meeting)