Distinguished Achievement Award
The Distinguished Achievement Award shall be awarded from time to time to a company, institution, or other organization for a specific technical contribution or contributions that have, in the opinion of the Honors and Awards Committee and the Executive Committee, substantially advanced the science of exploration geophysics. Return to SEG Honors and Awards.
Recipients of the Distinguished Achievement Award
- 2013 Geophysics Technology: EXPEC Advanced Research Center, Saudi Aramco
- 2012 Edinburgh Anisotropy Project: British Geological Survey, Edinburgh University, CNPC Geophysical Key Laboratory (China University of Petroleum)
- 2010 Brazilian Geophysical Society (SBGf)
- 2010 Amoco Research Center
- 2009 GOCAD Consortium
- 2007 CSEM: Statoil Research Centre, Norwegian Geotechnical Institute, Scripps Institution of Oceanography, University of Southampton, ExxonMobil Upstream Research Company
- 2008 Shell Exploration and Production Company, WesternGeco, BP, BHP Billiton, Chevron, ExxonMobil
- 2006 Geological Survey of Canada
- 2006 Compagnie Générale de Géophysique
- 2005 Robert Ballard's Institute for Exploration
- 2004 Curtin University Reservoir Geophysics Consortium
- 2003 CREWES Project, University of Calgary
- 2002 Kansas Geological Survey
- 2001 Laboratory of Seismics and Acoustics, Delft University
- 2000 Geophysics Laboratory of the University of Toronto
- 1999 Exxon Production Research Company
- 1998 Western Geophysical
- 1997 Allied Geophysical Laboratories, University of Houston
- 1995 Stanford University, Department of Geophysics
- 1994 DigiCOURSE Inc.
- 1991 Colorado School of Mines, Department of Geophysics
- 1989 Geophysical Service Inc.
- 1988 Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- 1986 Texas Instruments Inc.
- 1986 Geophysical Service Inc.