Dictionary:Surface wave

From SEG Wiki
Revision as of 16:34, 9 October 2017 by Argfex (talk | contribs) (Marked this version for translation)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Other languages:

{{#category_index:S|surface wave}} Energy which travels along (or near to) the surface. Motion involved with the wave falls off rapidly with distance from the surface. In seismic exploration usually refers to ground roll, but also includes Rayleigh, Love, hydrodynamic waves, etc. Also called an interface wave and long wave.